Photographer's Note

. Aranjuez has historical and emblematic buildings filled with history that, due to their importance, we highlight in this section, although most of them can only be seen on the outside since they are currently dedicated to religious, administrative or private tasks.

The House of Trades and Gentlemen occupies the western side of the Plaza de la Mariblanca to which its beautiful arcades open. Its function was the maintenance and administration of the Royal Site and accommodation of the entourage, special at the time of Royal days.

Both constructions appear unified towards the Plaza de San Antonio, although it responds to different moments. The House of Trades was designed by Juan de Herrera, and its construction continued during the 17th century. These phases did not end until the 18th century, a period in which the Casa de Caballeros (1767) ended, on the plans of Gmez de Mora (18th century), under the direction of Santiago Bonavia and his successors Marquet and Serrano.

The house is structured around two square patios and is composed of two floors: the lower one, arranged in arcades, and the upper one, where its continuous terrace stands out. Brick and stone were used as construction materials, as well as slate slabs for the roof.

Its special location, next to the Royal Palace and where its facades overlook the Plaza de Parejas and San Antonio stand out from the rest.

-------------------------------------------

Aranjuez dispone de edificios histricos y emblemticos rellenos de historia que por su importancia destacamos en este apartado, si bien la mayora de ellos solo se pueden contemplar en su parte exterior ya que actualmente se dedican a labores religiosas, administrativas o privadas.

La Casa de oficios y Caballeros ocupa el lateral occidental de la plaza de la Mariblanca a la que abren sus bellos soportales. Su funcin era la del mantenimiento y administracin del Real Sitio y alojamientos del squito, especiales en poca de jornadas Reales.

Ambas construcciones aparecen unificadas hacia la Plaza de San Antonio, aunque responde a distintos momentos. La Casa de Oficios fue proyectada por Juan de Herrera, prolongndose su construccin durante el siglo XVII. Estas fases no concluyen hasta el siglo XVIII, periodo en el que da fin a la Casa de Caballeros (1767), sobre los planos de Gmez de Mora (siglo XVIII), bajo la direccin de Santiago Bonavia y sus sucesores Marquet y Serrano.

La casa se estructura en torno a dos patios cuadrados y est compuesta por dos pisos: el inferior, dispuesto en arcadas, y el superior, donde destaca su terraza corrida. Como materiales constructivos se utilizaron el ladrillo y la piedra, as como lajas de pizarra para la cubierta.

Su especial ubicacin, junto al Palacio Real y donde sus fachadas dan a la Plaza de Parejas y la de San Antonio destacan sobre el resto.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 38
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8597 W: 5 N: 15510] (69140)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH