Photographer's Note

In those years, the last blows of a Middle Ages that ceased to be so, Bucovina was the historical artery of Moldavia with an area of nearly 25,000 square kilometers. Politically it was stunned, divided into two countries, Ukraine and Romania, and stealthily guarded by the Carpathian mountains. The name of Bucovina, however, was not official until 1775. It belonged to Moldavia and until it passed into the hands of the Habsburgs it could not shout its true identity to the wind.

The monasteries in this region were painted with frescoes and as most were destroyed, the fortress built around the church played a decisive role in its preservation. On the one hand, it served as a strategic defensive point and on the other, it kept its interior isolated from the exterior, promoting meditation.

-------------------------------------------------

En aquellos aos, los ltimos coletazos de una Edad Media que dejaba de serlo, Bucovina era la arteria histrica de Moldavia con una extensin cercana a los 25.000 kilmetros cuadrados. Polticamente estaba aturdida, dividida en dos pases, el de Ucrania y el de Rumana, y tutelada sigilosamente por las montaas de los Crpatos. El nombre de Bucovina, no obstante, no fue oficial hasta el ao 1775. Perteneca a Moldavia y hasta no pasar a manos de los Habsburgo no pudo gritar al viento su verdadera identidad.

Los monasterios en esta regin eran pintados con frescos y como la mayora eran destruidos, la fortaleza levantada alrededor de la iglesia jug un papel decisivo para su conservacin. Por un lado serva como un punto estratgico defensivo y por el otro mantena su interior aislado del exterior propiciando la meditacin.


Photo Information
  • Copyright: Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8603 W: 5 N: 15526] (69208)
  • Genre:
  • Medium:
  • Date Taken: 2019-06-02
  • : f/0.5, 30
  • :
  • Date Submitted: 2021-04-17 12:01
Viewed: 0
Points: 30
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8603 W: 5 N: 15526] (69208)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH