Photographer's Note

Castle Wedel-Tuczyskich
Located at the narrows between two lakes. The first middle age castle was built in after 1338 by Ludwik von Wedel, enlarged in next century. In the years 1542-81 completely rebuilt for the Renaissance residence by Stanisaw Wedel Tuczyski (at that time built east wing with corner towers ).In the years 1608 -31 Krzysztof von Wedel Tuczyski built baroque wings: southern and western, In 1846 the last wing was pulled down and built as new. During the II World War the castle included to the fortifications of Wat Pomorski, In 1947 the castle burned down. It was rebuilt in the years 1966 -72 as a Work House of Polish Artists Society (SARP). A plan with three wings ,a round square court, opened from the northern side to the foot of the castle.

Photo Information
Viewed: 1795
Points: 44
  • None
Additional Photos by Tadeusz Rzepka (tedesse) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1341 W: 320 N: 2097] (25147)
View More Pictures