Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2020-11-27 5:25

Hi Bev
to answer your question...no...our hotel wasn't close to the main sites in Rome...well, it's walking distance but it's a good 20-30 min walk. It's not like it was just out the front door and take the first left, it was a substantial walk. I take my night/blue hour photography seriously, so lugging around my tripod isn't even a question - its a given, I just deal with it. I make sacrifices of what ELSE do I not bring. The odd time when I don't bring the tripod, I always regret it. As for your shot here, I chose it because I don't recognize the view. Just goes to show there are so many great Manhattan/NY places to take photos. what is that large tall structure? Looks so out of place, its massive. cool shot, nice setup composition wise with the depth, and the empty space on the lower left. In the end it's all balanced out. where are all the people? haha
cheers
Craig

Old 11-27-2020, 02:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: New York

Hi Craig, thank you for your speedy reply and your critique.

I was mystified by the building, too, but Lars informed us that it was a ventilation shaft for a tunnel under the Hudson River. You live and learn!

Keep safe,
Bev :-)
Good news about the vaccines. Hopefully we will all be more safe, early into next year!