Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-07-10 2:42

Hello Brenda,

You just could not have wished for a more appropriate figure to stand alongside the lion! If people had not seen your previous photograph, they could assume that this is the current style of mask. If they have seen your previous one, they could assume that the lady was responsible for the disappearance of the mask from the other lion!

The statues , and their adornments, are very well photographed, being clear and well composed. They are a strong record of the times!

I hope you can persuade yourself to venture out safely. It can become depressing to stay inside every day and the watching the news can depress you even more!

I have not ventured into supermarkets yet, though I do go to our local shop which has has been very responsible to the safety issues. One way in, one way out, one way round; sanitise hands before entry, use a basket which is sanitised by staff after use, all wear masks and there is a perspex screen between customer and server at the counter!

Have a good w/e,
Bev :-)

Old 07-10-2020, 03:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Royaldevon: Venturing out

Hello Bev,

Thanks for your thoughtful message. My apprehension about going into the city mostly has to do with transportation. I don't own a car, and I use the subways and buses to get around. My commute into Manhattan is about an hour. During my last outing there were just too many people without face coverings, several panhandlers getting too close, etc. I feel comfortable going out in my neighborhood here in Brooklyn, but I can't go far without using public transportation.

Stay safe and have a good weekend!
Brenda