Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ourania 2014-01-23 11:43

Hello Russ,
welcome back! You engaged yourself in an interesting dialogue with these sculptures and created a fascinating, artistic picture of them. I like very much the dynamism offered by a well chosen point of view and apt framing. There's excellent perspective and sharpness and the bokeh makes a superb effect as it enhances depth, sets off the sculptures' details, retains an elegant chromatic harmony and creates a marvelous impression of movement. In my opinion, there's great drama and rhythm in this composition. It brought to my mind Aristophanes' play Birds and I have two pictures in my gallery (plus workshops:) that I'd like you to see (for the information and similarities):
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Greece/photo1371979.htm
and
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Greece/photo1372438.htm
Congratulations and thank you!
All the best, have a lovely day,
Ourania

Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 PM
TE Senior Member

Talking To ourania: Aristophanes!

Wow, yes! This could easily be a scene from "Birds!" Thank you for sharing that story with me -- I was unaware of that legend.

TE demonstrates to me, over and over again, the many ways in which we are all one people. If I had the time, I would like to create a photo theme here of Bird Masks from cultures all around the world.

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas