Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Lisas_world 2012-10-22 4:16

Good morning, Andrew,

Too bad you didn't go north and west to see the hills and farmland of Hunterdon, Warren & Sussex Counties. People not from around here tend to see New Jersey from the eastern highways -- as you apparently did. The 6-lane connections between dirty cities is hardly the way to see any state. If you ever come back this way I hope you'll do a little more investigating -- on the back roads -- before pronouncing judgment.

By the way, I've looked at some of your other photos, and you're right, this is your worst.

Regards,
Lisa

Old 10-23-2012, 12:11 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Lisas_world: Jersey

Sorry you feel that way, Lisa! I've been in various other parts of New Jersey, and there certainly are some nice parts - obviously other people's experiences are different than mine, and I'm glad yours has been positive. That's why I said in my note "New Jersey as I've experienced it." I think most places have their downsides and stereotypes - I've certainly heard my share about Massachusetts. I try not to let it offend me, though, as not everyone can experience every place in the same way. And you have to admit, the Turnpike is by far the most common way to experience New Jersey!

Thanks for stopping by and for the comment.

Andrew