Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

BobTrips 2004-02-25 0:54

This is a good shot of daily life, gritty, fairly colorless. It works.

Try cropping up to the top of the table and from the left to the tail of the brown jacket. That will put a bit more emphasis on your subjects.

And you've got a bit of CA in the sky/branches. Pretty easy to eliminate in this case. Set the Sponge Tool on Desaturate and make a quick swipe.

I think the noise might be just a touch too much in the main subject's face. Works in the rest of the shot.

It's a grim time of year there, isn't it?

Old 02-25-2004, 09:04 AM
TE Newbie

Default To BobTrips: Noise/time of year

Thanks for the comments. I think the noise depends a bit on the monitor you are using. I did the noise addition on a normal CRT monitor; when I got home and looked again on a notebook TFT screen, it looked overdone. Overall I think I should have added less noise.

I don't mind this time of year in China (or any time of year actually). There are a lot of faces to the eastern seaboard of China now. There's still plenty of grey and grime, but there are also a lot of modern things/places/stuff that actually works, when you have had enough of all the dirt.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:16 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To BobTrips: Noise/time of year

Monitor quality is a big problem when sharing photos, at least when sharing photos between critical eyes.

I've got a fairly decent CRT but switched to a LCD in an attempt to save energy (I'm off the grid). I found that I was getting critical feedback that I didn't expect, dings for problems that I hadn't seen. When I went back to the CRT I could see what others were seeing.