Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great orme 2005-02-24 21:50

A beautiful evening shot, Kaj. I can hardly believe it was taken at 9:15pm - the sky is so clear. The detail is also amazing, considering it was at 10x zoom. When I use the 10x zoom function there is usually quite a bit of noise in the shots. I like the way the green sign standout against the sky. Well captured and framed.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To orme: Noise at 10x zoom...

Andrew,

Thanks for your nice comments to my photo.

Yes, Exif says 9:15pm - and to me it's not unusual. Around Midsummer the sunset is at 10pm (daylight saving time!) and with a bit of haze in the air you get a nice light/color over the whole sky.

Concerning the 10x zoom shots, I'm rather pleased with the performance of the C-750UZ. Also most of these shots are shot at very good light conditions meaning an ISO around 50-64 max 100. Plus I regularly run them through NeatImage, which I have as a plug-in in PhotoShop7, making it very convenient to use as a part of the post-process.

But looking at your latest uploads with the dolphins, I think they are at high quality for 10x zoom shots.

Best regards,
Kaj