Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2009-08-06 2:21

Hello Miha,
I've made a similar photo as the one you've posted here but it's definitely from another POV because I couldn't frame the view with trees and I certainly didn't see any hotel or other building around. So sipping a beer wasn't part of my experience at my POV :(
It's one of the greatest views you can have on the Slovenian coastline and the marina is an important part of that view. But I think that the town of Izola isn't that much interesting as Piran where I spent most of my time at the Slovenian Riviera.
Anyway my holiday in your country has certainly pleasured me a lot.
PS: You named the names of the places at the coast. Could it be you've forgotten Lucija ? I think I also passed through that village.
Best regards, Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To PaulVDV: Lucija

Hey Paul, forgot about Lucija, yeah. Possibly because I`ve always thought of it as part of Potorož. Piran is rather more interesting in layout than Izola yes, but Izola is pretty interesting too if you venture a bit deeper - into the side streets and alleys.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation here.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Slovenia

Hello Miha,
I've ventured in the smaller alleys of Izola and have taken some pictures there too. Still for me (of course it's a personal opinion) Piran was fantastic.
There I've taken lots of pictures and will post some later on.
I have to say that I was also very happy with the friendly behaviour towards tourists of almost all Slovenians I've met.
Best regards, Paul