Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ifege 2009-07-23 3:11

A great photo Miha,
Good composition and colours. Looks like an interesting town (I haven't been to the coast of Slovenia). is that Slovenia or Italy in the background?
Regards
Ian

Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To ifege: Hey Ian

Yes, a good question, I`ve put a lot of mind into that myself, even before uploading this photo. Here`s my conclusion - although I certainly do not claim it as the correct one. :)

If you look at this picture:

http://www.burger.si/Izola/Izola.htm

You`ll see there is a peninsula (or peninsula`s edge) just behind the big orange chimney (in the background) - you cant see that from my photo. I think that`s the limit of the Slovenian coast from this side, Ankaran, the last town before the Italian coast is probably on that peninsula. The second layer of the background (although because of the lack of detail you can only see a single one in my photo - the settlements in the distance) is of the Italian coast, probably somewhere around Barcola or Miramare. You can not see Trieste (the bigger part at least), which is the largest city in the vicinity, because it is hidden in the bay behind Ankaran.

Thanks again for asking, hope I didnt skrew up here. :)
See you around.