Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good jovejupiter 2009-06-23 9:08

Elei - a couple of tips for your photo. You captured a good moment here. The colors are nice, and the big boat is nicely situated on the horizon. I think you could improve it in these ways:

1. Cut the chairs out. I know you say you are contrasting them with the boat, but they just distract from your beautiful landscape.
2. Straighten the horizon. You can use photoshop or other editing programs to quickly straighten it out.
3. It looks like you used a flash. Use a tripod to take photos like this if you can (or set it on one of the tables or chairs).

It looks like you are in a beautiful place. Let's see more of your photos! Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
TE Newbie

Default To jovejupiter: THANK YOU!

Dear Josh,
Thank you very much for the tips! I really need them! As our club is only 5 months old, and most of us are amateurs, in both technical and theoretical issues, I thought it as a good idea to sign the club in TREK. In that way we would get advice and comments from people who have years in photography, or are professionals. And I must say, I already had very helpful and welcoming comments! And what a coincidence! Last night I found out, by another member of the club that you can straighten the horizon using photoshop! So much to learn, can't wait! Again thank you!
As for the place the photo was taken (Patras), I’m no longer there! Unfortunately my home town, Thebes has no sea; it’s in the mainland, just plains.
Allow me to say: you are certainly living a very interesting and adventurous kind of life! And I liked very much your photos with the faces (the mirror of the soul, as they say).
I wish you both a nice and exciting travel! Waiting for your shots!
Irini