Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Angshu 2008-11-17 23:30

Hello Flavia
The three figures and the arrow in Red points towards the lady in her bike. The slight motion blur contrasts well with the static elements. Pretty interesting composition. Thinking aloud, would it be an option of a narrower DOF to have the lady & other things in the BG in sharper focus as well? But then, what was your idea or thought when you took this shot? I like it
Best Regards
Angshuman

Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Angshu: DOF

Hi Angshuman,

Thanks a lot for your critic. I was with my camera in landscape mode and it selected automaticly 5.6f. I reframed the picture and worked with the dodge tool to unsharp even more the BG as I intended to put the focus fully on the red dools. I was for this same reason that I decided for the parcial dessaturation, I found that the woman in focus as well would create a conflic and the picture could be to full of information. This street is a fun place with few cozy food stalls and antique and artwork shops. The red dools seemed to be an invitation to join this fun place, I wanted to show how a gray fall day could be transformed for this womam after entering this place.

Regards,

Flavia