Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Tashy 2008-11-14 10:43

Hi Wichard!

Bravo!!!!!! All my compliments!!!! I love this photo. I LOVE IT! I am putting it on my fave photo list.

I am planning to visit Pripyat and Ukraine myself. I have this strong desire to visit the 'ghost town' for very long time now. I have read every single article written about this town, about the nuclear power plant, about the accident...

This is amazing photo. I have no words. Tell me just one thing...How did it feel to be there? To actually walk on the streets and go inside the buildnings...

Have a nice weekend...

Once again...wonderful!!!!

Stasa

Old 11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Tashy: Walking around Chernobyl area

Hi Tashy, thanks for your comment. Pripyat is one of the weirdest places on earth to visit. When you go there, you know what happend 22 years ago. You expect to feel something, smell something or even hear something of the radiation, but when you arrive there, all you feel is a weird feeling, all you smell is fresh air, you hear birds and thats it. Radiation is definatly a silent killer.

As for the visit, try to book a private tour. This is more expencive but worth every penny. As you go there it is probably a one time experience so make the most of it! If you are into photography you get the time to take photo's and you visit the more remote parts of Prypiat (and ofcourse the highlights, altough that is not the right word...) When you go on a normal tour there are 15 more people wandering around, into the scene you want to photograph and you don't visit the remote parts. A private tour is about 300 - 350 euro's compared to 175 of a normal and you really have to book in advance. We did the tour by Solo-East travel.

Greetings, Wichard
Old 11-16-2008, 06:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Tashy: Walking around Chernobyl area

Good morning Wichard,

thank you for replying on my comment.

When I read your message, I got chills down my spine. I really did. I can't wait to go there (trip is planned for spring 2009).

Thank you for all the info as well. I think I will book a private tour. You are right, it is one time experience and I really need to make the most of it. I rather pay more and get the real 'insight' into Prypiat than try to save some cents and not be able to see and experience everything.

Have a nice Sunday,

Stasa