Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2005-01-25 3:15

Lovely tight crop Cesar! I recall your closeups of zoo animals, some of which I simply couldn't look at... ;-) But this is great fun and finely executed. Good work.

I've been reading your forum topic on film, which suggests you've caught the bug from Luko, Sohrab and others shooting "the old fashioned" way. It is definitely not for me, though I have great appreciation for those who play around with chemicals, scanners and all that gear. A good friend who has had many darkrooms in the past, now just shakes his head. But if the spirit moves you in that direction, I'll cheer you on your way. I'll also keep reading the thread... ;-)

Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 PM
TE Expert

Default To cgrindahl: Hi Curtis

nice to see you post a comment/critique...

regarding the topic let me explain you, I have an analog Canon SLR which I like a lot. I stopped shooting it mainly due to my new camera. But I really like its smaller format which is easier to carry everywhere. The Digital Rebel is twice its size.

On the other hand, my wife loves this SLR, she is a fan of film, because she finds it easier to shoot and make the prints. She does not want to PP on a PC after shooting digital.

I got intrigued of course by the many positive comments of Luko and others, that I now want to shoot and print with this analog camera.
So I can compare the results. I do not want to post process the film by myself! No! This is old technology and I hate chemicals, surely I do.
This is just for fun, I have a nice camera, less than 2 years old. My lenses fit both, the analog and the digital, (EF mounting threads). And mainly because it is much lighter in terms of weight than the Rebel.

As I have many rolls, I am considering a film scanner as well. So I can have a digital copy of what I have shot in film.
So as you see, I am just planning to experiment more with the analog, but surely the Digital Rebel will stand as my main camera for a long period of time.

By seeing the results myself i will be able to find out if the B/W analog prints are really uncomparable to the digital prints. I still have many doubts.

I find this interesting to do. It will take only rolls and time.
I will post surely (not now) the first shots using film...and we will see together the results.

Regards;

K.