Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great feather 2008-08-02 13:12

The vertical format was absolutely the right choice for your composition as it emphasises the height of the mill buildings. I guess they were so tall as space by the river was at a premium. Have you done something different in PP as the image has a different "look"? Sharper somehow, although I can't fault the sharpness of your other work.
Kath

Old 08-02-2008, 08:33 PM
TE Expert

Default To feather: Old mills - New future

Many thanks for your feedback, Kath, which always makes me think carefully about what I have done with the shot!
I used the same camera, in the same way. I did, of course, sharpen it a little in PSE.
The one thing that was different was that we had some sunshine!

My brother-in-law is a keen photographer with much more refined equipment than me but he often comments how much better the light is in France where he has a house, and probably more sunshine.

I was browsing the shots which I took in Greece a couple of years ago (pre-digital camera and addictive hobby) and cannot believe the colour of the water and the sky.

I am very busy at the moment sifting through files, books, drawers and cupboards. It will take me another few weeks to clear it all, I feel. I have been to the charity shop 3 times already with books, and I have filled the wastepaper recycling bag twice over. It gives me such a feeling of relief to tear up Action Plans, Tracking Sheets, Planning Grids, etc., etc.,

Anyway, thanks again for your comments and have a lovely Sunday,
Bev :-)
Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To feather: Old mills - New future

Doesn't it feel wonderful!? Like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Never again will you spend the best part of Sunday planning. Just think of the extra cupboard space too.
Enjoy your Sunday too
Kath
Old 08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
TE Expert

I've already begun to fill the space I created ... Doh!

Have just had central heated system revamped.
Needed new system as back-boiler obsolete.
Cylinder has been removed and condenser installed, and all radiators with thermostats on them. Floor chiselled out in living room to lay gas pipes! Such a lot of work. All carpets to relay, and, of course, all white walls now need painting ... how did I have time to work!!

Still, I do not have a deadline! I can take as long as I want! Now that sounds okay!

Kind regards,
Old 08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
TE Expert

I've already begun to fill the space I created ... Doh!

Have just had central heated system revamped.
Needed new system as back-boiler obsolete.
Cylinder has been removed and condenser installed, and all radiators with thermostats on them. Floor chiselled out in living room to lay gas pipes! Such a lot of work. All carpets to relay, and, of course, all white walls now need painting ... how did I have time to work!!

Still, I do not have a deadline! I can take as long as I want! Now that sounds okay!

Kind regards,