Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Matthew-Watt 2008-03-28 15:28

Hello John,

You have a good series of Australian fishermen, with 'Fishing on the edge' and 'Sunset Fishermen' also accompanying this shot. Up on Fraser Island, an annual fishing competition sees many thousands of fishermen (and a few fisherwomen also!) line the beach, braving some big swell like this also. Your choice of tight cropping at the bottom makes the power of the waves seem more significant. The blue tinged frame is very well created and presented.

Matt

Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Matthew-Watt: Fraser Island Fishing

Hi Matt, I had a look on google about the Fraser Island fishing after I read your critique. Looks very interesting, could be some great photo opportunities there. One of the articles I read (from 2001) was from a resident, hoping Toyota lost the franchise to hold the event there. Seems not everyone wants it up there. I'd like to see Fraser Island (fishing derby or not), it sounds like an amazing place. Of course my list of "must see" places in Australia now is getting beyond what I'll ever have time for.

Thanks, John