Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great werhangers 2007-10-03 11:54

My first critique ever so it may be a little clumsy. With that said I loved the shot for a variety of reasons. First was the overall emotional impact of just seeing it, the light captured by the sparse lingering fog, the sense of direction and movement as well as the peaceful tone in a once embattled place.

Thanks also for your historical discourse regarding the location.

Very nice

Dave

Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
TE Expert

Default To werhangers: Light through the trees...

Hi Dave,

As I wrote to Kath Featherstone (feather), a very fine photographer on Trekearth, I took several photographs here, and I wasn't completely happy with either the initial image, or the little bit of postprocessing I performed. Giving this image a warmer, reddish glow helps the colors of light filtering through the trees, but the patch of blue in the sky does not have the color that I preferred. I finally submitted this as a completely random choice. Five different viewers looking at the original photos may have selected four others instead. I was a few minutes late to my class, since I took the time to set up a tripod. When I was a student there was an unwritten code saying that the students would have to wait five minutes per earned degree that the professor possessed. They would have to wait 20-minutes for me, the psyche of the modern student would permit waiting no more than five minutes before abandoning class.

The (+) sign no your critique would indicate a response to a critigue. Thanks for the gracious words. It is a very good critique.

Bulent