Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great john_c 2007-09-16 9:08

Hi Bulent,
This is a textbook example of making the most of lighting where the tones and hues are limited. The result is splendid, with fine shadows, golden grass, and filtered rays of the sun. The slice of road seen on the right is illuminated just enough to take the eye and heart far into the frame, intersecting with the filtered rays. I like this shot very much. I also envy you your drive each morning, as this is a great part of the continent. Cheers.
John

Old 09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
TE Expert

Default To john_c: light through the trees...

Hello John,

No one who lives in Vancouver can possibly envy people who live in the traffic congestions of the Washington Area, but the site you see here is off the beaten track and well kept secret. I took several photographs here, and I wasn't completely happy with either the initial image, or the little bit of postprocessing I performed. Giving this image a warmer, reddish glow helps the colors of light filtering through the trees, but the patch of blue in the sky does not have the color that I preferred. I finally submitted this as a completely random choice. Five different viewers looking at the original photos may have selected four others instead. I was a few minutes late to class, since I took the time to set up a tripod. (When I was a student there was an unwritten code saying that the students would have to wait five minutes per earned degree that the professor possessed. They would have to wait 20-minutes or me, but in the psyche of the modern student, I doubt if they would wait more than five minutes before abandoning class. The green glow in light could have been from the freshly cut grass suspended in the air.
Warm regards,
Bulent