Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great happypoppeye 2007-09-15 21:42

...well, first off, my daily drive takes me 50 miles down the PA turnpike where I have to get off at King of Prussia, which means I sit for 45 minutes to pay a toll of $2.25 to use the worst road in the US, which puts me on route 202 for another 20 minutes, if I'm lucky...

So, right now I envy you for seeing such scenery on the way to work...

As for the photo. Perfect timing and lighting. The streams of light coming through the trees, catching the morning mist looks simply fantastic. Your composition, catching the edge of the road, yet not putting the whole road in the picture, is very nice looking. Color and detail is equally as good. It looks like a well thought out photo, yet captures a fleeting moment on the way to work. The small things in life, that's what matters. Plus, an 8:00 AM class, but I have a feeling the class wasn't going to start without you anyway.

Great work,
John

...and I also like the framing with the green coloring, complimenting the photo very nicely, yet not overpowerig it.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 AM
TE Expert

Default To happypoppeye: Students waiting?

When I was a student, the rule of thumb was to wait five minutes per degree that the instructor had earned. I'm not sure the student now would tolerate more than a few minutes before they abandoned the wait. I sympathize with your 50 minute drive on th Pennsylvana Turnpike. Many thanks for the kind words.

Bulent
Old 09-16-2007, 05:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To happypoppeye: Students waiting?

When I was a student, it was if the teacher was 15 minutes late, class was over...Hahaha

...at about ten minutes though, students didn't want to take the chance so they would just start running...

John