Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great wishlist 2007-07-27 2:28

Hi John,
stunning shot with a great timing and realisation. Compo is simple but impressive with nature showing off all its power. Excellent details throughout and colours; frame is nice too.
Result delivered: excellent!!!
As usual, gret note and it's great to know how you post processed the picture
Thanks for sharing John!
Take care and regards
Igor

Old 07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To wishlist: Frame

Hi Igor, if you were to take a tour through my portfolio (yawn) you would see that my "framing" has been evolving, from a black with title, to nothing to large black or white, back to simple and everything in between. It's something that I have been struggling with.

Over time I have decided on a couple of things. First, I will not put up large pictures as there is the security issue (best to keep them small so if they are stolen then they can't be printed and use is limited) and with smaller pics I can have a sharper higher quality photo. The second thing I've decided is that I might as well have a frame to help fill the space. It's kind of like hanging a picture on a wall (with a mat and frame) as opposed to a poster. I haven't decided on the exact format yet but think it should be neutral (black or white) and I like the idea of trimming it with a dominant colour from the shot. Finally I won't put the title on anymore, as there is the odd time when you might want to change the title of your shot, but I might put some watermarking later, still undecided. In any case, thanks for the feedback on the pic, and also on the frame. Much appreciated.

Thanks again, John
Old 08-10-2007, 08:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To wishlist: Frame

Hi John!!
first of all I have to say that your portfolio is yawn at all! you have a wonderful gallery full of beautiful shot; and it's very interesting to see the metamorphosis of your frame. The quality of your pictures even if posted at a lower size/resolution is very good..
Thanks again John!
Take care
Igor