Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pilpel-adom 2007-01-23 1:18

Hey Sam!
Good shot you took here - it managed to convey quite effectively the strenous conditions you were in, the climbing, lack of water, the effort...You composition is also very good, aligning two subjects (the person and the Canyon wall, both dark colored) one against the other, balancing each other and in the middle of it, the other side of the Canyon...Very good composition!
Even so, I think you over exagerrated here with the use of Saturation and Sharpening, making the photo a bit to "texturized".
I have added a WS, tell me what you think!
ANd the best thing - you made it in one piece out of Colca!
:)
Chen

Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To pilpel-adom: Workshop

i like the workshop, the black and white is nice, but i feel like the final presentation should have a a bit more visible color. i can see what you mean about maybe a little too gritty, although my sharpening was minimal and i used NeatImage, but i think a little bit of a compromise between the two is necessary. The black and white kind of loses a little bit of its groundedness, it becomes hard for me to associate with. Maybe it's just because i was there and the color reminds me of the canyon while the black and white reminds me of the moon, though.

Thanks for stopping by and the thoughtful workshop!
sam