Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2006-10-04 4:37

That's it, Raluca! You are getting close to the people, the wonderful people of Bucharest...forget the churches, the steeples, the old stones, here you are showing us life in all its shadowed nuance, and I applaud you for it!
You have definitely GOT IT now... Keep it up...
Francis

Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Furachan: Hi Francis

Hi Francis,
Took this one a month ago because I sensed there might be something to it due to the light seemingly "emanating" from the gems. Am glad you like it so much, because I do too. I promised myself I should try shots like this one more often.
Somehow though I find it so hard to meet my desired goals photography-wise. There's a huge gap between thinking you know what can make a good photograph and actually churning out good photographs... Hopefully my time on TE will not be wasted; as long as there are great photos to critique, it surely won't.
Raluca
Old 10-05-2006, 07:50 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: Hi Francis

I bet you that photo was not so hard to take, right? You "saw" it in your mind's eye and then you snapped. The secret is you were right there, in amongst the people and with the nice light helping, the next thing you know you have an atmospheric painterly shot. You can do it again and again, but don't step back to shoot stones and empty streets in the meantime. It is like war - forward, always forward - that's where the prizes are.
A bit like surgery if you like, you have to work in close to get the job done - that is what separates "serious" photographers fropm shy dilettantes.
Good luck!
Francis