Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2004-07-15 2:28

Fine TE shot Janet, though I don't know how I feel about taking photos when folks don't want them taken. Without your comment I would have assumed she was speaking over her shoulder to someone inside.

This is definitely a daily life shot, a life that appears to have its challenges. But the photo is well composed, the colors and details are fine. The light is a bit harsh but it appears to be the middle of the day when the sun is high and light is intense. Your visit to South Africa seems to have been a memorable one. Perhaps you'd care to do a travelogue with descriptions of your travels and photos.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:26 PM
TE Newbie

Default To cgrindahl: thanks

thanks Craig. I do love this shot; the previous one without the woman was also good, just for the textures and colors of the scene. Maybe I'll post that one sometime. I have been looking around the site trying to find info on doing a travelogue and I'm not sure where to find this. I thought I was doing a travelogue, in fact, but I know there is some other form of a travelogue. - jan
Old 07-15-2004, 07:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cgrindahl: thanks

You go to My Account and the section titled Manage, then My Travelogues, then Create Travelogue. I've never done one but I have created a couple of Themes and it is done essentially the same way. To get an idea of how people are using this feature you can go the main Gallery, then click on Travelogues. You will find 18 pages of them.

Another observation Jan. You have written very few critiques during your time at TE. You are permitted to give critiques with points fifteen times each day. The Guidelines below suggest the etiquette to be used in giving critiques.

<a href="http://www.trekearth.com/guidelines.php">Guidelines</A>

Looking at other images and offering comment in the form of critiques not only helps sharpen one's eye but it engages one in the community of photographers here. Out of courtesy folks who receive critiques typically will visit your portfolio to see what kind of work you're doing as well. If we rely only on the posting of photos, which pass so quickly from view, to get our images out, we will receive little attention and even less feedback. Not everyone is interested in engaging in the process, but it is worth noting, that those members who have received the highest accolades for their work, are also the members who have given the most critiques. It is human nature to express gratitude by exchanging advice and opinions. No one is much interested in a one-way conversation.

So have fun Jan and join us if you wish.

Curtis
Old 07-15-2004, 09:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To cgrindahl: thanks

yes, of course what you described makes perfect sense. I will check it out, and of course do more critiques. This is such fun, and all about photography and travel. What could be better.....!