Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jinju 2005-12-13 7:03

Hi Al,

Ifirst thought this was a photo of a prison cell...but then I wondered why you were loicked up. There is a strangeness to this shot that I cant put my finger on. It could be the strange face on the wall, grinning while the sad reality passes by.

This winter has been very cold here. I dont know about France, but its painful here. I think that showing the plight of these people is something that has to be done on TE. It cant be all pretty landscapes afterall.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To jinju: Hi Rafal ...

You can perceive this way, poverty is a prison.

The portrait on the wall is the founder of the "Restos du Coeur", an association to help people in supplying differents aids but mainly food. Many volunteers (as was one of them for the first time last week) have been taking part in this initiative since 21 years now.

The serie of photos (social not really postcard ;o) is my way to promote all the volonteers and their kind devotions in helping people.

In this shot, you can see people already queueing since 7h30am and the food center is opened at 9am.

Many thanks for your visit. Al.