Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great CliffW 2005-07-05 22:24

Hi Tan, yes this really caught our eyes yesterday when we saw it on a news site. My wife is from Victoria, her family is there and we go back all the time. I'll have to hunt up one of my own and post it too although yours is much better, with excellent light, and a very cool mist between the rocks.

I read that there were people out there, one group of which was taking pictures seconds before it fell. I can't help but imagine what it must have been like to be a tourist standing there looking at something 40 million years old, and you came a long way to see this. Then you raise your camera, shoot... and it crashes into the sea. I think I'd feel responsible!

Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To CliffW: crash

Thanks Cliff, there is another formation nearby, London Bridge (you may already know), part of which collapsed in 1990 and stranded a hiker couple on the part that became separated from land and they had to be resued by helicopter.