Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rbcy1974 2005-07-04 2:32

Hi Herbert,
Very interesting image, you have really manage to capture the moment here. I think that a tighter crop focusing more on the main chatacters even if you have to cut a bit of the head of the drag queen could be effective.

You raise an interesting point.
I myself have learned to respect others, but I must comfess that as a gay man, I am bothered by the fact that to a large number of straight people being gay is synonimous with drag queens, and this is something that makes the coming out and adaptation of many all so much more difficult.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:59 PM
TE Newbie

Default To rbcy1974: Drag Queens

Yes, I understand your point very well. People (gay and straight) tend to think of "gay man=wants to be a woman" and it does make it more difficult for some of us to come out and be accepted by the larger society. But I was raised in the 70s and I have to agree with the "revolutionary" rhetoric of that time, that if the most extreme of us is not accepted, then none of us is really accepted either. You know what I mean? If we are accepted the more we try to emulate and imitate the straight people around us, then are we really being accepted for being "different," for being who we are?

Thanks for the note and I'll take a look at a tighter crop to see if it makes the drama of the scene "pop."

Cheers, Herbert