Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Darren 2004-03-17 3:06

Good work experimenting with DOF Manny, I like the results. Normally, I think people would focus on the guy furthest right and let the others fall out of focus gradually, but this works in that you have highlighted exactly the boy you wanted to. Good job on getting enough lighting to the faces under very contrasty circumstances. The pure white background doesn't bother me much. I am of the belief, especially when shooting people, that if you have your subjects exposed correctly, blow outs don't usually do much harm. I think this photo takes that idea to the edge ;). The very bright background has done some very interesting things to the last boy. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I find it strangely appealing. This is also different enough from you Manny that I appreciate its uniqueness.

As a personal aside Manny, I kind of wish I knew what camera you are using when you take your photos. For me, it can help to make suggestions at times knowing if this was an SLR vs. your all in one (nikon 4500 in your profile). It won't make me enjoy a photo any more, but knowing what you used to take a shot can be informational when suggesting changes.

Another good shot Manny, and I really do like how this is different than many of your other shots, yet still of very high quality.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Darren: Thanks, Once Again

Hi Darren,

Thak you once again for such a thoughful comment/critique. I used my brothers Nikon D100 for this shot. I will take your word for this and I will indicate the camera that I used for my succeeding posts. BTW, is there a faster way of doing it aside from indicating it in the note. I did put all 3 cameras in my equipment option and they should be available when posting but I couldn't seem to find it.

Anyway, salamat.

Manny