Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great singuanti 2005-05-31 22:03

Hi Wes, another spectacular shot from this must see place. Each time you post a new shot of this falls you manage to outdo the previous one. This shot really lets you take the whole thing at once and admire its beauty. Another incredible work Wes! Oh I have great news. Because of this shot:Blossoms this lady who is the editor of a photo essay book about Wash, DC wants this and several of my other shots. So over the next week my new post will slow because I've got to deal with her deadline. I'm getting paid, I just don't know how much yet.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:27 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To singuanti: Congratulations

Hi Mr. Steve,
You are going pro! Congratulations. I appreciate you sharing the great news with me. I am really happy for you.
This web site has taken a big piece of time from me. I have a few contracts on my hands recently, on my engineering work. I need to put more time on my work. I may slow down in TE also.
Thank you for your visiting and for sharing the great news with me.
Best Wishes.
Wes
Old 06-01-2005, 06:37 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To singuanti: Congratulations

Hi Wes,
That's one of the main reasons I don't post a shot everyday like I used to. It takes a lot of time running through all of the critiques on top of posting a shot. I find doing just 20 critiques can take and hour or two in no time flat.
But thanks for the congrats. I am very excited as I've never done this before. Here's the latest email from the lady after I sent her the shots from DC over the weekend:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much, Stephen, for sending photos to us for selection. I have found a number of photos there that I feel I would like to use.

Yes, we understand--and always keep it that way--that you retain copyright; we just want the right to publish the image(s) in our book. And there will be a byline crediting the image to your name, probably on the credits/copyright page. Tim Frew, our Executive Editor, will contact you regarding compensation as soon as we have made selections. Hopefully, that will be finalized within the next week or two, so we can know what we are actually talking about. A contract will follow your conversation with Tim.

Jean

Exciting eh Mr. Wes?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To singuanti: Congratulations

Steve,
This is fantastic. This brings me an idea. I will send you an e-mail go private for discussion.
I like to shot photos. It is fun to have some others enjoy them. As you said, it takes too much time, since that’s not our fulltime job. It is hard to find out a good balance.
Hope your contract will make a good start for your business.
Regards.
Wes