Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sohrab 2005-05-17 17:08

well to be honest, this is the best cactus photograph that you've uploaded as yet..
i'm saying that primarily because of 2 reasons..

1. the colours.. i'm absolotely in love with such colours... very national geographic type.. yeah but the grains of the kodak ektachrome are missing..( it's a film)

2. the kind of semi silhouette and the golden glow around the thorns....

this photograph is good but has the potential to become even better.
if you can.... try and get the same kind of lighting on a cactus..but try to only get this sort of a cactus. try and make sure that there is no other cactus in the frame.. (for example.. in this one.. i'm talkig about the one on the left side of the frame)

now while you keep your focus on the golden silhouette of the cactus, get the landscape in the bokeh (blur) in the background..

you should also realise that it is not anough to just take care of the placements of things.. but how you capture them..
try and include just the sufficient amount of cactus and and see if there is a nice pattern that you can capture..
even the landscape in the bokeh (blur) should look attractive.. perhaps a kind of a blurry ard or something like that made by the landscape in the background will help

these is just a suggestion.. not that this is the only way to do it.. keep experimenting
take care :)

Old 05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
TE Newbie

Default To sohrab: thank you

I really appreciate the comment. I will try what you said and post soon. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting light as nice as was in this picture for a long time; it was taken on a beautiful morning last winter. To get up for sunrises at this time in the year I'll have to wake up probably sometime late in the hour of 3. There's no grain because it was taken with a digital camera. I'm not a huge fan of grainy pictures, they're difficult to pull of right. But I'll try it.
Anyway, thanks for the tips. :)