Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: this filtering process has been done already

And maybe only considering the favorites as already mentioned...
-------------------------
one more point on this fav topic. I only know well 2 members to have seen all their "2005" shots, well, just like me, they have not posted their very best, IMO, because just talking for myself, I have simply no idea why some of my shots get nicely rated and some fall flat. If the shot is a plain nice one IMO, so be it, no problem, but the ones that carry much emotion from that special moment/day i took them, well as I say, it's like throwing one's kid to the wolves, so to speak, and risk DOA (death on arrival). Tough shit, OK, but it's not about me, maybe dozens others are also refraining to post shots for that reason.

So, maybe, some of us dedicated to the idea of the book, could form little committees, 4 or 5, where we exchange mails within us, with many of these shots that can be seen instantly by the 4 or5. the idea being that more than one member should be able to propose and defend one shot, his or another. then, take it to the next level, a conference, kind of, for all portraits committees, or landscape ones, etc... no?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Lost in the thread...

me again ;-):
BTW, this book must be about digital photography, NO SCANS. That's really what TE is about, the new way to shoot and share photos, using this exploding media.

About size, some great shots have done with 2MB cameras. I think 1600x1200, as a 6x4 format in a book can keep its quality.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:33 AM
TE Expert

Default Maybe..

This could be done as part of the number of entries you are allowed to put in. so, since you have 89 photos you could enter 5% of that or 4 photos. Although really, I think this should be restricted to photos on TE.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Maybe..

I think this should be restricted to photos on TE.
------------------------------
well, just throwing ideas here, maybe not, but Why? as long as it is from our community. Actually, as a marketing POV, it is rather nice to know there would be extra/exclusive shots that can be seen only in the book.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:12 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Maybe..

Well, sibce its a TE book I think it should be restricted to TE photos. But thats just me and I wont be deciding anything anyway:)
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Kikvel can you give an update?

Kikvel, can you condense the last 100+ messages? I don't have the time to read through all of them to follow the progress.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Interest and community involvement

What a long thread, eh? Look closely though at the number of people who showed an interest in this topic. Count the names. Its not that many. Look at the people who critique a lot daily. Not that many. I look in the Photos forum, and I alays see the same names, day in and day out.

My point? Most of the people who take an interest in TE amount to a small number of registered members. They critique, post, contribute in the forums, answer questions from other members. When we do decide to make a book, I believe that we should ask people to actively send in entries. I would be willing to bet that if there is a call for members to submit entries for such a project, the number of people who do answer the call will be small enough to make it a manageable job in filtring out the photos suitable for publication. Most people on TE will continue to be involved in the community on the most minimal level. This project seems to be attracting a very small number of enthusiasts.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM
TE Expert

Scan pictures is also digital photography.

And I shoul add that a digital camera is merely scanning the light.

Where's the difference?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:07 AM
TE Expert

TE underlying theme is learning about the world through photography (any kind of photography, a stenope made from a shoe box with a hole has its place on TE) and not learning about the world through digital photography only.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:10 AM
TE Expert

the medium of predilection, most will associate TE with, including the members, who in a large majority, for 2004 and 2005 now use digital, even though they may still scan old slides. A great shot is a great shot, I won't fight that.....
I just thought the book could reflect precisely the birth of such net community as TE, how so many of us have taken up (again) photography and signed on TE, because of the digital media.