Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-08-2003, 11:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default to avigur_11

Im going to take a wild guess at this but after having a look at Peters profile and the majority of pictures he has posted Ill guess that he is a pilot for a commercial airline. What I really want to know is will the fan blade of that engine blow my hair dry in under 10 seconds?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: to avigur_11

The engine intake makes a good backdrop for photos and is a very popular shot with airline crew.

One of the great aspects of living in Japan is that everyone seems to enjoy photography and loves having their photo taken.

Boof, The first stage fan blade visible in the photo produces about 80% of the engines total thrust and would dry your hair in less than 5 seconds I think! There might be a strong after smell of kerosine and a problem with split ends though!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:10 AM
TE Senior Member

It will dry your hair in 5 seconds! But no one can promise that your dry hair will remain on your head.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:13 AM
TE Newbie

> One of the great aspects of living in Japan is that everyone seems to enjoy photography and loves having their photo taken.

Same thing in China... I'm always taking photos like this one, well maybe not inside an engine, but you know what I mean. The only problem in China is the girls always do that bloody 'V' sign!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:40 AM
TE Junior Member

This baby would not only dry your hair in 5 seconds or less, but would probably pull it out by the roots if you could hang on that long.

A bit of trivia: I read an article in an engineering journal about a chicken processor that was looking for ways to reduce cost and cycle time in the chicken factory. This is commonly done by dipping the birds in scalding hot water and then operators pluck the feathers by hand (which also causes a lot of muscle problems for the operators).

To speed up and improve the process, they came up with a rather novel approach. The mounted a jet engine in a cradle and move the birds past on a conveyor of sorts, and as they pass through the hot engine exhaust (air moving at over 400 mph) all of the feathers are litterally blown right off the bird. This was quite a boon to the company and not only reduced cycle time and operator fatigue, but the feathers were of much higher quality for secondary processes.

Just thought someone might find this interesting.