Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-01-2003, 04:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default gaijin pilot?

Do you fly for a Japanese domestic airline? If so, how many non-Japanese pilots like yourself are there? Or have they opened up domestic routes to foreign airlines?

Just curious...
Old 12-02-2003, 10:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: gaijin pilot?

Yes, I work for a start up airline here as there is a shortage of suitably experienced Japanese Captains.

My previous airline job in Australia ceased in September 2001 with the collapse of Ansett Australia.

I am based in Miyazaki in South East Kyushu. It is a grat place with friendly people and am lucky enough to live close to a great surf beach and beautiful mountains.

There are about 16 other foreign Captains living here.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Very interesting. Does that mean the standard language for transmissions is English? Or do they switch to English for you? Or do you understand enough Japanese?

I've never been there but Miyazaki seems like it would be a great place to live, especially since you can get away and go to other cities easily.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:39 PM
TE Newbie

English is the standard language used for aviation throughout the world so for 99% of my working life eigo o hanasimasu. Watashi no nihongo heta desu demo benkyo o shimasu!