Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-26-2006, 07:30 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: try Lonely Planet Thorn Tree forum

Thanks for your links Mike,

I really enjoyed (and many times laughed) reading your trip description... it also enforces my wish to book ahead the hotels nights and a regular driver who'd do what I decide for the 6 days we'll be there.

I was 15 years old the first (and only) time I went to Delhi/Agra, I think that a few more days and I would have kicked a tout, the shopkeeper or even the waiter at a 4* hotel restaurant who was trying to sell us denims (!?)... so I'm trying to avoid that for my wife and daughter... we've already done some training with the indian shopkeepers in Thailand... but they're tame compared to their country colleagues.

As for the other transport means, I do not have much time en route. Also I don't want to leave the girls on a trishaw elsewhere than in SE Asia, where I feel quite comfortbale about the way to cope with people... India is a little bit "darker" for me in this regard.

I had browsed very superficially IndiaMike and that's where I found Namaste India Tours, which seemed to be a very friendly travel agency. Unfortunately, they've mailed me that they are overloaded with work these days so they don't take anyclients for the end of the year.

Cheers
Luko
Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Delhi : advice for a travel agency

Hi Luko,

I am not if you are still looking for an agent in Delhi but I recommend this one.
Travel With Us
http://www.trvlwithus.com/

I work as a tour leader. In2006, I visited India two times. All our reservations and arrangements are done by this agent. We had no problem.

Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. All beautiful.
Don't forget to visit Fatehpur Sikri.

And if you like some book recommendation: (not travel books)
Indu Sundaresan's Novels: "Twentieth Wife" and "The Feast of Roses"

HAve a good trip.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:31 AM
TE Expert

Thanks for the tip Aysegul,

I still have some issues to adress with two other travel agencies I've contacted who either give me fancy high prices or don't understand I sometimes want to go out of the beaten track, so I might contact the one adress you gave me.

I'm not sure I would be very interested in Fatehpur Sikri which is a ghost town and in fact doesn't interest me much photowise(I prefer seeing people and life). otherwise I'm looking for a one night stop between Agra and Jaipur, somewhere with a more rural feel to change from the cities and the munuments : have you already been to Karauli?

Thanks
Luko
Old 12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
TE Expert

aaaaaah you're coming to india..
i don't know about any travel agents.. but why don't you ask eric. he went to agra and stuff when he came to india. in a taxi as far as i remember.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
TE Expert

Ok thanks Sohrab,
done, I needed an agency who could book me the whole and make sure there were rooms available in the peak season, I don't want to lose my time and nerves with haggling... so I found an ex indian backpacker to arrange it for me, I'll give some feedback after.

I woudn't want Eric adress as he told me once he was pissed off with his driver.

Cheers
Luko
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM
TE Expert

hey that's cool.
i met eric before he went to agra.. no wonder :)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
TE Newbie

Hi All,

come to india..india is nice place to visit...if you are looking some help from india travel agent than you can contact below

http://www.airawat.com