Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good torben 2004-08-12 15:34

A lot of great stuff here, the message, the tonal range and shadows with bright marble (eternity, heaven?) and dark grass (decay, earth).
The text on the stone is a good inclusion, but I feel that the effort of getting the text clearly readable has been a bit on the expensense of the composition that a find a bit dull.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 AM
TE Expert

Default To torben: You are the a piece of work...

Torben. One might call you the Scrooge of critiquers, giving gifts on only the rarest of occasions, and then with a grumble... Bah, humbug! ;-)

If one didn't appreciate your commitment to photographic excellence, which is coupled with a rather idiosyncratic conception of what is acceptable and what not, it wouldn't be quite so easy to take what you have to say seriously. But I do respect you opinions and have learned to chuckle at your Scrooge imitation.

Have a wonderful nights rest. I'm about to launch into another gorgeous Bay area afternoon.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To torben: You are the a piece of work...

"Bah, humbug!" I'll have to remember that one, I'm sure it'll come in handy one day ;-)
I should probably be grateful for the fact that my mother tongue would be of no use here, it puts a dampening effect on sour outbursts when I have to translate them first.