Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-28-2005, 01:10 AM
TE Expert

Default To Guntram: Japanese woodblock-print

Hi Guntram,

Thank you for your passage here. Like I said to others, I wasn't sure about this one. In fact, I like it a lot. I liked the pattern of those two passersby with their black umbrellas and bags. And the blurred thing. It was more a "mood" shot, like a way to grab the "essence" of the feeling of a situation instead of the situation in itself. For me, it was more creative also. But I knew also that some people will not like it, too much blur, and so on. And that's ok too. Like you said in another thread, we have to remember the reasons why we do photography. I think it's nice to have people who say "wow!" to your picture. I don't deny that it is a very stimulating factor, warmth in my hearth. But, I think I should not be looking for that. I want to be looking for my own source of happiness. Hope I make sense to you here! :)

About the lights above and on the right, I wasn't sure either. But, I like the fact that the line on top are just from one head to the other. I will try to make it dimmer and see the result.

I would like to see the Japanese woodblock-print you have in mind. Just curious. But, I don't quite understand the following sentence: "Maybe that's the reason why I see a reduced composition in your picture better." Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Have a nice day Guntram!

Claire
Old 11-28-2005, 03:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Guntram: Japanese woodblock-print

Hello Claire, it's just because this print had a very reduced composition of two big umbrellas and falling snowflakes, there was nothing more on it, and it was nonetheless very dynamic - yet so limited in what you saw.
I felt the same mood in your shot, the weather, the early evening, people rushing home (maybe), these very beautiful warm colours. So I was just thinking, that a concentration on the two people, and the car in the back as the only elements in your composition could enhance this mood. Nothing more than an idea. Just an explanation why the lights look a bit distracting from that mood - for me.
But if you're interested, I think I can get a copy of this print from a book, it would make it easier to understand what I mean ...
I guess I'm not very clear today, Claire, but I hope, I could make myself understood a bit better,and didn't cause any trouble?!?

Have a nice sunday ,too, Claire!
Greetings
Guntram
Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Guntram: Japanese woodblock-print

Oh, I see now what you mean! I'm not at home right now, so I cannot work on my photo. I think I will try your suggestion on it, see what I get.

I'm interested to see the copy, for sure! If it's not too much trouble for you. You can send it to my email address claire.lune at gmail.com.

You're very clear to me, don't worry! And you did not cause me any trouble!

Have a nice week!

Claire