To batalay: a day at the office - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2010-11-13 5:34

Hello Benny again,

After having seen the image of the 'Holy Divers,' I had to see the previous shot, one of them at work. The man is soaring like a nightingale. What incredible timing and courage it must take. Did you know that traditionally the high-steel workers building the sky scrapers in New York were native Americans, devoid of any acrophobia also. A day at the office for them, can be seen here.

Warm regards and have a good weekend,

Bulent

Old 11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
TE Expert

Smile To batalay: a day at the office

Thanks for your comments, dear Bulent. I didn't know about the native Americans on those skyscraper jobs. Thanks for your reference. On the other hand, it seems very strange to me that they'd know no fear of heights, maybe they just needed the money?

Gracias for your words & enjoy your weekend.

Benny
Old 11-13-2010, 01:46 PM
TE Expert

Default high girder workers

There is no doubt that they needed the money. But a tradition existed among these people that they, more than anyone else, had the courage to overcome acrophobia. In the same way that among the Massai tribe in Africa, the males come of age by single-handedly killing a lion, equipped only with a spear and shield.

Warm regards,

Bulent