Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Olga 2004-08-04 7:20

brilliant, the central guy is like a bird in the middle of the lake, everything else revolves around him, well spotted avishek!!

Old 08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
TE Expert

Default To ChrisJ: I appreciate it...

I'm well past my bedtime at nearly two a.m., so I'll wait until tomorrow to look more closely at what you've done. My first impression is that you've taken an approach similar to the first image I did of this bridge. I don't know whether you noticed it at the time, so here is a link.

Rush Crush

I opted for a bit more generous crop on this one since I'd gone so tight on the last one. I'm a former construction inspector and have been pretty mesmerized by the whole construction effort that has been going on at the bridge for about three years. I'm partial to all the angle and lines from the cranes. I'm interested however in what you did with the sky and will look more closely. Thanks for taking the time and for explaining your work so thoroughly.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:55 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To ChrisJ: I appreciate it...

I liked the tight crop of your initial post, but my crop is somewhere in between the 2. It is unusual for the starting & finishing point to comnplete a full circle.

If you follow the road from left to right visually, you will end up exactly where you started: ie back on the left. I also liked the interplay between the 2 spans of this bridge, which was missing from post #1, & indistinct in post #2. The cranes are worth a separate shot. The boat in the foreground partially obscures them, so perhaps I'd crop just above the boat. The simpler an image is, the stronger it usually is. Don't fret. I often get criticized that my shots are too busy, & there's too much happening in the frame. Please dont take it to heart!

Cheers.