Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
TE Expert

Indeed, it's affecting the whole site. I, like most others don't care about competition . I am just pleased to see in one go how many people have cared to stop by my photos and add a critique.

Last edited by maloutim; 11-06-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 AM
TE Expert

Default About the points and the problems...

Yes, I agree, the points are not the most important problem in TE, and are not the skill of the photographer (there are excellent photographers with few points and photographers with tens of thousands of points that post ugly photos). The points are just a nice game.
The main question is that a global website as TE, should show more greater technical expertise. I do not know if TE was under attack by a virus or hacker, but I'm also sure that making a simple addition of points should not be a great problem, that after a week is not yet resolved. Above all, I'm sorry to note that the technical team do not worry much to solve the problems. Fortunately, there is still some moderator that has not abandoned us.
Surely, this episode is not good for TE, this week I noticed that the activities of the members has decreased compared to previous weeks. It's a pity...

Paolo

Si, io sono d'accordo, i punti non sono il problema piω importante in TE, e non fanno la bravura di un fotografo (ci sono eccellenti fotografi con pochi punti e fotografi con decine di migliaia di punti che postano bruttissime foto). I punti sono solamente un simpatico gioco.
La questione principale θ che un sito mondiale come TE dovrebbe dimostrare una maggiore professionalitΰ tecnica. Io non so se TE θ stato sotto attacco da qualche virus o hacker, ma io sono anche sicuro che fare una semplice addizione di punti non dovrebbe essere un problema che dopo una settimana non θ stato ancora risolto. Soprattutto mi dispiace notare che il team tecnico non ha molta fretta di risolvere i problemi. Fortunatamente, c'θ ancora qualche moderatore che non ci ha abbandonati.
Sicuramente, questo episodio, non fa bene a TE, in questa settimana io ho notato che l'attivitΰ dei membri θ diminuita rispetto alle settimane precedenti. E' un peccato...

Paolo
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Sporadic count

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloutim View Post
To mkamionka,
Thank you for your very comprehensive review of the problem.
Indeed, I have noticed the problem of the points has been fixed for newer photos, but not for the photos posted during the problem.
It seems they are like "sick photos" that won't take new points attributed to them.
I hope it will be fixed soon in the new week that's coming . Personally, I don't want the system of points done away with. I, like many other people, enjoy it.
Curiously, the system started adding points on new photos yesterday (Saturday), but at some point in time during the day it stops compiling them. The same thing can be observed today. And yes, older photos are not adding recent points.
I too am in the number of people enjoying the points system.

Jacques
Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 AM
TE Expert

As we were asked to give the tech team, precise data : On my gallery, the problem of not adding points on older photos, started on 2011-10-26 at 4h41, with the last critique by danos on this picture :http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo927074.htm. OR http://fr.trekearth.com/gallery/photo927074.htm And this continues, as I haven't posted new photos since.
On silvio1953 's gallery, I see the points started being added on his new photos on 2011-11-03 at 11h03 here : http://beta.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=3&p=1327665 OR http://fr.trekearth.com/gallery/Euro...oto1327665.htm
I hope this will help.
Although, I don't suppose they 'll be able to go round all the galleries fixing problems. I hope the tech team will be able to fix it generally on everybody's galleries.

Last edited by maloutim; 11-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paololg View Post
Above all, I'm sorry to note that the technical team do not worry much to solve the problems. Fortunately, there is still some moderator that has not abandoned us.

Paolo
Just to add a bit of clarity to who does what on the site. The mods have no control over the functionality (or otherwise) of the site. We look after the physical content (photos, critiques, posts to the forums) only.

Technical support is entirely the responsibility of IB, the owners of the site, and although the mods can, and do, highlight problems, we have no ability to proiritise the workload of the support team.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM
TE Expert

Dear Keitht and Viviane,
I realized that of course. So that is why in my complaints I use rather word "administrators" as opposed to you moderators.
I know you do a great job here, although often controversial and dirty, but I appreciate your engagement
Kind regards,
M
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Thanks Mariusz,

My previous post was a general one as many people do unfortunately lump moderators and administrators together.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
TE Expert

Default No confusion

Dear Keitht,
read carefully what I wrote in my previous post (maybe my translation from Italian to English is not clear?) I appreciated the work and the patience of moderators, without confusing them with the technical staff, in fact, showing that moderators are the only people who try to give answers to a problem that we, poor photographers of TE, do not understand. How is it possible in a global website like TE, there is a problem of addition of points? Maybe the problem is bigger, but I do not understand the mystery. A bit of technical clarity would be helpful to us too. Do not you agree?
Ciao!
Paolo

Ciao Keitht,
leggi bene quello che io ho scritto nel mio precedente post ( forse la mia traduzione dall'italiano all'inglese non θ chiara?) Io ho apprezzato il lavoro e la pazienza dei moderatori, senza confonderli con lo staff tecnico, anzi, evidenziando che i moderatori sono le uniche persone che cercano di dare risposte a un problema che noi, poveri fotografi di TE, non capiamo. Come θ possibile che in un sito globale come TE, ci sia un problema di addizione di punti? Forse il problema θ piω grande, ma io non capisco il mistero. Un pς di chiarezza tecnica sarebbe utile anche a noi. Non sei d'accordo?
Ciao!
Paolo
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Thank you all for your feedback -- I am passing all of this on to the technical crew as we recieve it.

As I understand it, the points allocation is the remaining issue from last week.

And the problem seems to only reside with photos that were posted DURING the time when no critiques could post, etc., and those photos alone are still not receiving points --- is this correct?

Paul
Old 11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Thank you all for your feedback -- I am passing all of this on to the technical crew as we recieve it.

As I understand it, the points allocation is the remaining issue from last week.

And the problem seems to only reside with photos that were posted DURING the time when no critiques could post, etc., and those photos alone are still not receiving points --- is this correct?

Paul
Partly correct. On some recent photos, like today and yesterday, the points are adding up 12 to 24 hours later. After they are added, any points then given on critiques are not added. It looks like the system is compiling points once a day on new photos and then ignore what is happening after.

jacques
Closed Thread