Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great albertopiubello 2007-03-27 12:29

Hi Conrad,
I like this shot a lot! I visited Bokor last june (with the same foggy weather) but I haven't had the chance to see monks there).
I see a really interesting contrast between the monks and the ancient catholic church on the background.
I made a workshop adding a bit of contrast to enhance the orange of monks' costumes.
Very good shot!
Alberto

Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To derek3755: Inside the Furnace

Derek,
Thanks for your comments.
Re the Fiery Furnace: As you probably know, you can only enter this location on a Ranger led walk. Despite the many warnings, the walk is not at all strenous. The warnings are only really applicable to those who have never left a pavement in their lives - if you know what I mean! More than anything, aware that many such "drive only" tourists visit Arches, they don't want lots of folk wandering into the furnace and getting lost - which would indeed be extremely easy.
I don't want to put you off but personally, whilst the location is fantastic, you don't get to see much of it, and being in a "group situation" there's not a lot of time to stop and take photos.

If you're in this area, however, be sure to visit "Corona Arch" - simply gigantic arch in fantastic location about 1.5 miles from the nearest paved road. Not in "a park" hence never anyone there. Go alone and blow you mind!!!
There are various "arch hunter" books and pamphlets available in Moab detailing hunderds of arches in the area which no-one every visits. Many are miles and miles down 4wd roads - if that's your thing - but many are not.
Regards
Colin