Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great eldancer1 2010-05-03 20:24

Hi Ray,

I like it! I miss developing and printing B&W but I think you just gave an inspiration.

Good job, dude!

Eleu

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Wink To eldancer1: Black & White

Hi Eleu,

I learned about photography primarily in black & white many moons ago. College classes required developing film and prints in black & white in their labs. Professors trained us to think and look for details in subjects rather than just for pretty colors. And now with digital post processing, I notice many photographers are going for saturated colors often way over saturated, with orange skin people, purple skies, green waters, etc.

I have recently been converting color digital images into B & W via Photoshop Elements. I read several places recommending to convert to color after rather than trying to take a B & W image with a digital camera. Also, the best Infrared B & W requires converting the digital camera's sensor. But I think Photoshop does an OK job if there is contrast in the original image.

In the meantime people will keep complaining about my color photos lacking in color and contrast but then "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Thanks for commenting, and I hope you work on and post some B & W art images.
Ray

Last edited by photoray; 05-05-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Tags
black & white, over saturated colors