To maciekda: hello - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great maciekda 2004-05-08 9:05

ha, this is a nice image, the swan in the foreground is great, i like the way it is looking at the camera a lot, great look. good to see other birds in the frame too. good composition. good B&W too, very nice image.
and what about people? :)

Old 05-08-2004, 03:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To maciekda: hello

hi maciej
itll be great to meet you
infact claude and i were talking about you and eric while having coffee
he was saying that youre planning on going to calcutta in july
it's going to be pouring cats and dogs over there, but you can get some amazing serious portraits in that city, after all its the "city of joy"
let me know if you need some more information about india. i'll be here for another 10 days or so after whoch hopefully ill be going to myanmar, cambodia and vietnam.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: To maciekda: hello

hi Sohrab,
are you going to SE Asia? wow, cool, you will have a lot of fun there, great countries, great people. when are you going and how long for?
and are you going to be in India in July? if so then in which part of India?
and is it really bad in the monsoon time? does it rain all the time for many days...?
i am still between India and Myanmar, but i think i'll take risk and go to India, such a colorful and diverse country...
Old 05-08-2004, 04:08 PM
TE Expert

well maciej
it accorind to the metereology department monsoons begin in india in july, but for the past 5-6 years theyve been wrong .however this time time we have already had showers like about a week back it rained quite a lot for about 2 days. now its again dry and hot.
if you want to come here you should be ready for different extremeties when it comes to climate.
yes when it rains it can pur quite hard. but look at it this way.
one of steve mccurry's amazing works on the monsoons is based primarily in india. he's got some amazing shots in the rains. youll have to be ready to rough it out. if it doesnt rain then it's going to be extremely hot.
however if you want to escape all of it and enjoy some amazing weather and some spectacular sights and people you should goto ladakh.
the only problem is that the trip to ladakh is more expensive than others
also get yourself a lonely planet on india. the place where claude is stayin in right now is very resonable and nice and is in the best area in delhi.he found it through the lonely planet.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:42 PM

hi Sohrab,
so i'll have fun during momsoons... but how to take pictures in flood.. I saw a picture of Steve McCurry from India 1983 standing in the water with his camera. well, I don't think I am like him ;) and if it is raining how to take pictures in the street... and I am not sure about Ladakh, I think I prefer to visit those famous places first.... so I guess Calcutta - Delhi will be my route.
anyway, what about other questions? ;)
"are you going to SE Asia? wow, cool, you will have a lot of fun there, great countries, great people. when are you going and how long for?
and are you going to be in India in July? if so then in which part of India?"