Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Waylim 2009-06-15 9:38

Hello again.
Another nice blue hour shot, Rich blue tone. nice details on the top of hte castle, unfortunately the unbalanced lighting of the city cause some minor problem for you. the foreground and river is under exposed and the wall of the building in front of the castle is well light that cause it to be over exposed.
But the overall impression is nice, just the way I remeber it.
Way

Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Waylim: Thanks

Hi Way
Great to see that you are still around, you are one of the very few around here who offer usefull critiques:)
So what has actually happened here in my absence, I haven't taken the time to read through the forum, but besides the new layout everything looks like before. Why did some of the others leave?

Take care
Harry
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Waylim: Thanks

It may be more useful if you read the forum to see what is going on. It seem the site is operate by a new company and the term of services said something about they have the right to use our posted photo for various advertisement including on other site. AT least some member interpretate it that way. I didn't read the fine print. Since I'm slowing down on posting. So it's best you find out for yourself.

I do think when we post images on the web, chances are somebody, somewhere in the world is downloading it for whatever use they want without us even knowing it. It's the chance we take, off course we hope that people won't, but it definately happened, I won't be naive about it. I recieved a couple of e-mails from people who ask for permition to use it in their self published book or reports. As long as it not use for wide distribution and mass production for a profit, there's is really a major harm done. I'm protective of my work, but at the same time there is not really much I can do if someone is going to steal it, since I won't even know.

Way