Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great unclehotshot 2015-12-09 2:32

Hi Les
Most rewarding indeed; what a mysterious old landscape. Friendly and magic at one and the same time. It calls to mind the world of Tolkien; the Shire. The scale of grey nuances is most impressing.
I'm getting a sensation of a slight tilt to the left, but it might just be the slopes of the hills in the distance??
Cheers and all the best
Frank

Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 AM
TE Expert

Smile To tyro: Grazie Giovanni

Grazie Giovanni

For your nice critique. I actually prefer the Workshop crop of Uncle Max, but thought it might not pass the Mods. What do you think?

Lurve
Lisa

Last edited by delpeoples; 12-09-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:14 AM
TE Expert

Default Workshop Image......

Carissima Lisa,

Thank you for drawing my attention to your workshop image of Uncle Max Eulo - I could have sworn that there wasn't a workshop picture there when I wrote my critique and, now looking at the date and time you uploaded it, I see that there wasn't!

I've looked and pondered and pondered and looked again. Yes, I do like your workshop image, that very tight crop just of the upper part of this splendid man's face, drawing our attention to those fabulous bright blue eyes, and, firstly, I can see no reason whatsoever why any moderator could possibly find this image at all inappropriate. But, to be totally honest, although I like it I don't really think it does have any more impact than your original image - we can see those fabulous eyes perfectly in that picture and we also see them in the context of the rest of his lovely and remarkable face. And one little niggle is the fact that your workshop picture also is a tad "grainy" or "noisy" (as one would expect from such an aggressive crop) and it also shows Uncle Max's nose to be very slightly out of focus though, of course, his eyes are brilliantly sharp.

So, in essence, yes, I do like your workshop image but I can't honestly say that it "does" any more for me than the original one showing this man's lovely face in full.

Hope that's not too negative, Lisa, but that's my honest opinion. So, main picture = 10/10; workshop image = 9.5/10.

I love these close close portraits of people so, if you've any more of any of these fabulous indigenous people, please keep 'em coming!

Un abbraccio,

Giovanni. xx
Old 12-09-2015, 11:02 AM
TE Expert

Smile You're Bang On The Money

Ciao Giovanni

Your critique is absolutely spot on. Thank you, I appreciate it.

And yes, I posted it half a day later.

Un abbraccio

Lisa