Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jhm 2015-07-22 3:58

Merhaba Said,

A lovely daily life picture with the five boys but with a wide smile.
A nice green background with the tradional plant for the area.
Very well presentation, TFS.

Have nice day,
John.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To tyro: Skradinski Buk

Hello John

You're almost precisely right, except that we anchored on the other side of the river, in one of the little bays you can see on Google Maps. There are two bridges downstream, both of which span gorges, so are plenty high enough for even big yachts to negotiate. The upstream bridge is quite low, and I think I'm right in saying that navigation above this bridge is not allowed except for the commercial ferries and tourist boats. The journey up from Skradin to the falls must be around a couple of miles I reckon. You pay in Skradin to enter the National Park; this payment includes the ferry trip up the river, so you get something for your money!

John, I'm going to see Kasia Nowak's exhibition ("Light and Land") at the Mall Galleries in London on Sunday 9th August (as I did last year). Of course, she's not the only exhibitor! I'll meet her between 1100 and 1200. Ann may also be there, and Kasia tells me Gert Holmertz is coming too. I know it's a long way for you, but you may fancy a day in London... Be lovely to see you.

Kind regards

Will