Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2011-07-06 1:57

Hello Les,

I'm not quite sure hpw I missed this one when you first posted it - it's a stunner.

In my opinion, it's the lighting which makes this one. I suppose, by definition, that's true of every photograph, but here you have captured some very special light. Beautiful colours, composition and sharpness.

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I love that sky but do I detect a little "noise" or "grain" in it? Did you use a high ISO for this one or did you use a tripod and a long exposure?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 PM
TE Expert

Default To williewhistler: Very useful advice........

Thank you, Les, for that very useful advice.

I presume that by the "light area" you mean the sheet of paper or whatever sitting on the pew at bottom left? Not part of the slate floor or the emboidered hassock sitting "above" the sheet of paper? Or maybe I should simply have cropped off the bottom eighth or so - perhaps up to the next "join" in the slate floor?

But I can see exactly what you mean - the light area near the corner or edge of the frame does indeed draw one's attention out of the picture. That's something I hadn't realised in the past and something very useful which I shall try to remember.

Thank you for that, Les!

Kind Regards,

John.