Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2014-08-05 4:09

Hi Magaly
I have NEVER EVER seen this subject before.

You provide us with an excellent detailed note about how its constructed but I still don't really understand what this is.

its such a funny looking thing!

wonderful post for TE, its opened up my eyes to something new

cheers
craig

Old 08-05-2014, 01:15 PM
TE Newbie

Default To macjake: Hello Craig!

Here is a short presentation on the use of dovecotes. My English is poor, I am using the Google translator. I hope this is understandable.

The dovecote was used in the Middle Ages until the 19th century breeding pigeons. Raising pigeons offered many advantages, pigeon served food at a time when food consisted mainly of cereals and dung mixed with soil was an excellent fertilizer for crops. So it was a profitable farming.

Until the French Revolution, only nobles had the right to possess a dovecote they utilitisaient among other things as a means of pressure on farmers because they could at any time release the pigeons and create great damage to crops.

Thereafter, the use of pigeon developed in the country until the late 19th century. Chickens and barnyard animals then replaced pigeons and the appearance of chemical fertilizers, easier to use has resulted in the shutdown of the pigeon.

They are now part of the heritage and are listed and protected by associations. Some are still used for breeding pigeons.

I am delighted to be able to make you discover something that I find interesting.

Sincerely,