Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 AM
TE Newbie

Default Do you agree?

I think there have been a lot of very good shots and many excellent ones lately – especially during the last week... Do you agree?
So, thanks a lot for sharing them!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Do you agree?

Yes, I agree. Lately there has been many photograps of excellent quality. It is inspiring to be in the company of so many artistic and special people, and I am learning a lot here!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:29 PM
TE Senior Member

Yes, I agree. It starts in the morning with a flood of excellent shots from experienced members and from many new telented members. It's a great adventure. And suddenly, 20 critiques a day are not enough! I always give some "points tomorrow", and I wish I could give more. I really feel sorry to write a "good" critique for a very good shot without giving any points.
But still, I hope this flood continues..
Old 01-23-2004, 02:27 PM

Default I agree but...

Bonjour Olli,

I agree but... I have always seen a maximum of quality on TE since my first day here.
Of course I began when only some 15 pictures a day were loaded, now it will be more than 150, so I guess I can amire at least 10 X more! ;o)))

I came here to enjoy the World I didn't know, and I still do enjoy thanks to all the members of TrekEarth!

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 01-23-2004, 04:05 PM

The general standard is very high. It's also interesting to see how people develop during their membership. I certainly hope my work has improved.
The 'odd' thing I have noticed on occasion is that you will see 3 or 4 pictures on a common theme arrive within a very short time of each other.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Yep! I agree. I've learnt so much since joining. I absorb all the tips I can learn. I look at the exceptional shots, and really take notice where things are place, the lighting, if a tripod was used, etc. etc. I've come a long way learning about 1/3, 2/3, horizontals, verticals, DOF, human element, diagonal lines, lines in general, and so much more. All thanks to members critiques and studying everyone's photos. A big thanks from me.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:38 PM
TE Expert

I think Olli that there in general are very many real good pictures on TE. For this week I have the "problem" beeing in the mountains for some days. With only a mobile line (28kb) I can take the time to post a daily picture, but not see and not to give critics - it is a far too slow process (and also expensive). But in general I really like TE - and the process of learning both of photography and the notes, and not least the critics. For me TE is a great interactive and posetive thing on the Internet! So I agree ;-)
Old 01-23-2004, 08:18 PM

Unfortunatly I can't visit the gallery as often as I wish because I take a look on the photos of those who critique me, my favorites page and there is not many time left for more... Mainly look at thumbnails... :-((

But I agree with the quality of postings. It's especially fun to me to see how certains members evolve. They start to aquire a certain personal stile, a certain type image, usual themes in the photos and every time better and better! It's fantastic!

I have internet access for some years and until now I was never adicted as with TE...

Adam if you want professional members in TE I'll quit my job now! :0))
Old 01-23-2004, 09:35 PM
TE Junior Member

I'm a new member but in two months, I note, like you, more and more beautiful pictures in the gallery. Every day I see all all the pics of the gallery (and more because I like to go watch old photos of different members). I take time to do it because I sent critic with only one criterium : my interest concerning the picture. I don't reply automatically to those who send me critics. I comment only pictures I love (it's also a question of time). I hope it's not uncourtesy. When a member recieve a critic he can be sure that it's a realy free critic. He can be sure that I comment only his picture work, not his critic work. If I want to converse with a him I use "contact me" or discussion.
Friendly.
Long life to TE.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:54 AM
TE Newbie

Yes. Are we have a special page for these kind of photos category? What do you think?