Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-02-2003, 03:50 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Constructive and helpful critiques

Thanks for all the comments from everyone and particularly for the helpful critiques as to how I could improve such a shot, that is what I was particularly looking for. I really want to improve my photos and with this new equipment I have I now need to be serious about the technical aspects. I'm taking note of it for future shots.
Adrian, you mentioned a Neutral Density filter, that would not be the same as a UV or Haze filter. On the same afternoon I took that shot I went to purchase filters, this Haze/UV and a circular polarizer. Don't tell me I now need a Neutral Density filter.
You also mentioned that the DOF was OK, for this size. What do you mean ?
Questions askeds: no tripod used, I was on aperture priority mode, and the squirrel was very cooperative, I was standing about 15 feet from him and took 6-7 shots. He did not move to much all that time, he seemd more curious than afraid.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:53 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Constructive and helpful critiques (continued)

I am overewhelmed by all the helpful hints that are given to me. Thanks Callie for the spot metering I should have done. Didn't think of it at the moment.
So ask and you will receive a Great Guy once said.
I've also learned that squirrels were not in all countries, I was sure that they would even be found on the moon. So by the end, it wasn't such a bad idea to post that one, I've learned a lot from it.