Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 PM
TE Expert

Default To Polonaise: :)))

Thank you George - regarding Flickr, I agree and I don't : there are indeed plenty of "idiotic signs, labels, graphics, stamps", but it's possible to avoid these kinds of flashy and blinking "awards" (and to delete them anyway). I don't get many of them ! :)))

It's also true that the comments are rather minimalistic and often senseless but on the other hand, not being forced to write long sentences before chosing a photo (some of the photos leave me often speachless) allows me to view many more, not having to scratch my head to find something really special for each of them. OTOH, it's possible to chose many photos as favorites in order not to forget it and if the photo pleases me really ; there are no limits for favorites there, something that I really appreciate.

I find plenty of advantages there, even if the 1st approach can prove disappointing or disorientating. The thing that I like the most, of course (apart from the more flexible system and much less rules) : there are so many more *people* photographies (an fantastic one, not seen here) among the "bottomless abyss of completely mediocre fotkas" (true, too !) if one looks long enough , I have not finished exploring the place and discovering new splendid and innovative photographers and I think that I also learn a lot this way.

... not looking for instant recognition or success, more observing what is being done and not so much interacting either (yet). And never mind if I am a bit drowned in there, I'm enjoying myself a lot !

None of these websites is perfect, nor will I leave for good TE but for the moment I feel more like posting lots of photos while digesting my last travel, flickr being a better place for that. Still busy with the same 3rd day, it's a slow process !...

But sure, I'll be happy to return here, once in a while !